Available in both Silver (shown) or Dark Grey (anthracite) and the Gen2 MINI has a black option as well. (See detailed images!!) See drop menu for more info. Please note: the images shown are of both the gen1 and gen2 MINI for reference. This product on this page is ONLY for the models noted below.
It may have taken MINI years to develop an armrest, but they've followed through with a fantastic product. A factory option, yet it's a great addition to any MINI that missed it at the factory. Retrofitting requires only the parts included in this kit (the armrest, under console support, rear plastic cupholder trim parts and the armrest). The top pad of the armrest is a sliding door that covers a medium sized storage area where smaller items like cell phones and keys can be held. A nice feature is that the whole armrest pivots back to allow access to seat belt clip and rear cup holder.
This is a wonderfully designed and engineered product and is well worth the expense. In fact, it's shocking that they got it down to the price they have it at considering the list of parts that are included in the kit.
Very straightforward - install should take about 1 hour or so with basic tools. Looks like a lot of work but it's actually pretty intuitive and anyone with basic hand tools and some common sense should be able to install it. Available in both charcoal grey/anthracite, black or silver to match your MINI. Image shows silver and dark grey but is available in black. In all cases, the top pad is the same color as is all of the plastic trim, etc.
If your 2008 or newer MINI has a ONE piece center console( meaning that there is NO separate part for the rear cupholder that is butted up against the main center console), please let us know. You will need the revised 2-piece console to make this armrest fit which costs an additional $67.00 USD.
1. Remove the torx screw from the rear cup holder and also the front 2 cup holders (3 in total)
2. Unclip the cover/boot around the handbrake (This was the most diffcult stage in the whole process, but we found it easier to start on the sides and then work your way around)
3. Grab the long plastic cover that runs from the from the rear cupholder to the front cupholders and lightlypull the sides apart near the handbrake - you'll hear the cover clip off ever-so-lightly
4. Feed loose handbrake cover/boot through the plastic cover, as you remove it - PLEASE NOTE: Right next to the handbrake, you'll see a thin yellow and blue wire that is connected to the underside of the long plastic cover - Use a pair of pliers to unclip the plastic clip that holds it in place (it easily snaps out)
5. Twist cover (as the cigarette lighter wire is stilled joined) parallel to the dashboard
6. Remove the 3 torx nuts from the old base plate that is now exposed and remove it over the handbrake
7. Tighten screws
8. Insert the new, longer base plate and reattach using the same 3 torx nuts that were removed in step 6
9. Insert armrest into the base plate and secure with 3 torx screws (supplied in retro fit kit) - REMEMBER to reattach the plastic clip that holds the yellow and blue wire in place into the bottom of the base plate
10. Reinstall the long plastic cover that runs from the front cupholders to the rear cupholder - make sure you hear it clip into place on each side of the handbrake - Reinstall the 2 torx screws that were removed in step 1 for the front cupholders
11. Install new rear cupholder and the 1 torx screw removed in step 1
12. Install the 2 rear covers to the base of the armrest - they go in the small gap between the base of the armrest and the base of the rear seat. The 2 covers interlock with each other in the middle and each have a torx screw that is attached on the side of each (2 torx screws in total)
13. Insert tray into armrest
14. Clip on the rear small cover at the back of the tray
15. Clip on the sliding lid
16. And you're done!
The Armrest with Sliding Storage is one of the many MINI Cooper Parts and Accessories that we carry and will fit the following MINI Cooper Models and Years:
R55 MINI Cooper Clubman: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
R55-S MINI Cooper S Clubman: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
R56 MINI Cooper Hatchback: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
R56-S MINI Cooper S Hatchback: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
R57 MINI Cooper Convertible: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
R57-S MINI Cooper S Convertible: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
R58 MINI Cooper Coupe: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
R58-S MINI Cooper S Coupe: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
R59 MINI Cooper Roadster: 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
R59-S MINI Cooper S Roadster: 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
R-Fifty WHAT?? Confused about what model MINI you have? We’re here to help. Check this out for more information.
If you're shopping around and notice this part for less, please note this is a Genuine MINI part NOT a aftermarket manufacturer part. Genuine MINI parts are often manufactured to higher standards with materials approved by MINI.
1- 51169241205 (or grey/silver part number)
There are no product reviews for this product yet.
If you have purchased this item and would like to leave a product review please sign in to add your review.